Thursday, October 19, 2006

Greeting


I know what you are thinking. Who needs another blog?

Not you.


As you read this, your mind is a scrolling marquee of things to do next, truncated conversation fragments, leapfrogging ideas, an obsessively recurrent tune. With a slight movement of your finger, you can launch yourself back into the noiseless din of intersecting URLs.

Perhaps what we all need is a space where we can take a break from listening to what we hear, and start listening to what we know.

This is my place to do just that.


We are a noisy species. We crave validation and agreement. And so, we prefer the company of like-minded people. I am no different; but as I prepare to pour my ideas into the void, I prepare myself also to welcome all fellow travelers, whether kind or critical.

So get up and pour yourself your favorite beverage, and stay awhile. I cannot promise to always deliver a spa experience; but I do promise to try not to bore you.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

typing with one hand, couple of fingers, in small caps, i congratulate you chitra on this new launch of yours. looking forward to your lucid exploration of our lurid world !

Anonymous said...

Congratulations.
We need Hindus with Hootzpah.
Most "successful" Hindus don't realize that their susccess is inlarge part to their Hindu upbringing,in which they are free to think,without the dogmas and religious commandments.
There are 2 genious cultures - Jewish and Hindu. Jewish people are aware of it, proud of it and identify themselves as Jewish. We Hindus dont want to ackmnowledge it.
Are we still under Mc caulay's influence?

Chitra said...

"Are we still under Mc caulay's influence?"

"We" are still primarily under our "own" influence,IMHO. All it takes is for each person to stop abdicating initiative to some poorly understood collective "we" -- and replace it with "I." What can "I" do, change, overcome? That is the only question within our power to answer.

Chitra said...

Ramesh and Anonymous, thank you for stopping by...I am pleasantly surprised to have started receiving responses so soon!

Anonymous said...

heeeyyyyyyyyyyy,

SO finally !!!!

It is always a treat to read you, Chits. This blog will be an important book-mark to be visited on a daily-basis.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. I have always enjoyed your writings. Interesting to note your photography hobby listed in your profile. Would love to see your photos particularly on your blog. As you know I am prolific photographer albeit amateur.

Well done.. now you are in another world of blogsphere after being in cyber world.
Karam
UK

Chitra said...

Karam, nice to see you here, Thank you!

"Would love to see your photos particularly on your blog. As you know I am prolific photographer albeit amateur."

Well Karam, the crabapple tree laden with spring blossoms that I opened this blog with -- is from my backyard. It was shot looking straight up. This was two years ago, right after my daughter's successful piano recital. The picture captured our mood!

I used to take lots of photos, but most of the good ones are on film, shot with a Canon SLR. Some day I hope to scan them into a floppy.

P. Venkatraman said...

Chitra,
This is great. I has been a treat to read your writings.

Starting blogs is easy, maintaining them on an ongoing basis is like having a second child.

Venkat

Anonymous said...

What better way to celebrate Divali, Chitra than to turn on your tubelight!
I am still a little boggled by blogs but I'll get there some day...till then enjoy blogging and HAPPY DIVALI to you all!
Mona Vijaykar

Anonymous said...

What better way to celebrate Divali, Chitra, than to turn on your tubelight! I am still a little boggled by blogs but I'll get there some day...till then enjoy blogging and a Happpy Divali to you all!